- Application forms can be obtained from the nearest SESB office.
- The applicant is required to submit the application form together with the document required by SESB.
- Upon approving the application SESB will conduct a site survey for the purpose of making an estimate.
- The applicant through his electrical contractor may proceed with the internal wiring of his/her premises.
- A bill bearing the amount of the 'Customer contribution' will be sent to the applicant for settlement.
- Upon settlement, SESB will proceed with the installation works (Pole erection, Line stringing, Meter installation etc).
- Upon confirmation by the applicant's electrical contractor that the internal wiring has been completed and tested satisfactorily (as per requirement of Suruhanjaya Tenaga Sabah) the supply will be connected to his/her premises.
Note: All electrical contractor/electrical consultant should be registered with Energy Commission (Suruhanjaya Tenaga).
Form and document to be submited by the contractor are:
- Form G/H (Akta Bekalan Elektrik 1990)
- SESB Agreement Form
- Photocopies of Identity Card, Trading License and Form 9, 49 & 24 (For Business)
- Photocopies of Land title or Sales and Purchase Agreement, or Rental/Lease Agreement
- Location plan and wiring plan (New premises)
- For application of more than 50 KVA, the applicant should submit development plan from local council through their electrical consultant together with Form PD9 for SESB's approval and comment.
- Test result
- Wiring completion certificate.
APPLICATION PROCESS MAP
Electricity Supply Application Handbook
- Electricity Supply Application Handbook
- Electricity Supply Application Handbook Addendum
- PD-9 Form
- Domestic Electricity Supply Application
- Non-domestic Electricity Supply Application
- Application Guidelines
APPLICATION PROCEDURE FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION SUPPLY (BEKALAN ELEKTRIK LUAR BANDAR (BELB))
- Applications should be made through JKKK to SESB Area Office and copy to District Office.
- SESB Area Office will carry out an inspection with rough estimation and propose system and submit to SESB HQ (Jabatan Projek Prasarana Kerajaan (Projek Utama))
- Jabatan Projek Pembahagian will forward to KKLW and copy to KPLB Sabah
- If the proposed system fulfil the criteria of BELB project, the project will be implemented by contractors awarded by KKLW
- KPLB - Kementerian Pembangunan Luar Bandar Sabah
- KKLW - Kementerian Kemajuan Luar Bandar & Wilayah Malaysia
- JKKK - Jawatankuasa Kemajuan & Keselamatan Kampung
Rural electrification supply is not confined to connection from the grid system only, but open to alternative systems such as Photovoltaic and Diesel Generator Sets. However, all suggestions and approvals are based on a guideline that has been prepared by KKLW Malaysia.
LIST OF ELECTRICAL WIRING CONTRACTOR
Click here to view the list: Electrical Wiring Contractor